Technical Designer/Interior Designer – Architecture/Interiors
Studio G Architects, a growing design oriented interior and architectural design firm located near downtown San Jose is seeking a Technical Designer/Interior Designer to join our growing practice.
Our projects include extensive exterior repositioning and market-ready creative interior improvements, civic and commercial shell buildings, corporate interiors, tenant improvements, life science, biomedical and R&D labs and residential projects.
The ideal candidate shall be motivated and well-organized, with good design and communication skills. This candidate shall have a passion and desire to grow professionally. We are seeking a team player who will be involved in all aspects of projects from design through construction and is comfortable working in a deadline-sensitive detail-driven environment.
As a Technical Designer, you will produce technical documentation and communicate project progress to team members to ensure success. You must have experience in construction documentation, be proficient in Revit, and enjoy working with a team of architects in a highly creative, collaborative environment. Your responsibilities include the following:
- Provide project team coordination for finished plans, specification, and material selections; ensure design intent is incorporated into the construction documentation.
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project.
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of ADA regulations
- Good design skills and understanding of design concepts.
- Good working knowledge of preparation of construction drawing packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate production of drawing packages in multiple phases.
- Ability to prepare graphics and drawings for client presentations.
- Problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to generate space plans with minimal direction, a plus.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. No H1B sponsorship available currently.
Send Resume and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination.