Senior Project Architect
Studio G Architects, a growing design oriented interior and architectural design firm located near downtown San Jose is seeking an experienced Senior Project Architect to join our growing practice.
Our projects include extensive exterior repositioning and market-ready creative interior improvements, civic and commercial shell buildings, corporate interiors, tenant improvements, life science, biomedical and R&D labs and residential projects.
The ideal candidate shall be focused, highly motivated and well-organized, with strong design and technical abilities and strength in creating, managing, and implementing documentation within a collaborative environment. Candidate manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Leads consultants and technical team efforts.
- Develops and manages the production schedule, including effectively defining and meeting deadlines.
- Prepares, reviews and coordinates implementation documents prior to issue, including verifying implementation documents conform to Studio G standards, best practice and quality expectations.
- Lead development of code analysis and confirms code and zoning requirements for the project are met.
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally.
- Coordinates with Principal and project team, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, to respond to requests for information, .
- Prepares client presentations and may present design concepts and drawings.
- Performs product research.
- Oversees appropriate application of products and materials.
- Leads team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents as appropriate.
- Actively invests in the professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management and career planning.
- Develops, recognizes, recruits and grows diverse talent.
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment.
- Promotes the firm’s principles of ‘design excellence’.
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project on defined budget requirements.
- Maintains accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate.
- Understands contract and recognizes additional services needed.
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects.
- Supports the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules.
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- Architectural Registration preferred
- 15+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation a plus
- Experience with entitlements a plus
- Lab and life Science knowledge a plus
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems, accessibility guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of building codes
- Advance knowledge of architectural detailing exterior renovations, core & shell and interiors.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign software a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Submit examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination
If you would like to be a part of our future, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.