Studio G Architects, a growing design oriented interior and architectural design firm located near downtown San Jose is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our growing practice.
Our projects include extensive exterior repositioning and market-ready creative interior improvements, civic and commercial shell buildings, corporate interiors, tenant improvements, life science, biomedical and R&D labs and residential projects.
The ideal candidate shall be focused, highly motivated and well-organized, with design and technical abilities in creating, managing, and implementing documentation within a collaborative environment. Candidate manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Leads consultants and technical team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design and the delivery of implementation documents.
- Develops and manages the production schedule, including effectively defining and meeting deadlines.
- Prepares, reviews and coordinates implementation documents prior to issue, including verifying implementation documents conform to Studio G standards, best practice and quality expectations.
- Coordinate with senior staff on code analysis and confirms code and zoning requirements for the project are met.
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally, including leading consultant team work sessions.
- Coordinates with Principal and project team, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, to respond to requests for information, clarifications and modifications to obtain approvals and adjust scope of services.
- Prepares client presentations and may present design concepts and drawings.
- Guides project designers with materials and systems evaluation to make proper selections
- Oversees appropriate application of products and materials.
- Leads team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents as appropriate.
- Interest in the professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management and career planning.
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment.’
- Responsible for project accounting process and preparing proposals.
- Collaborates with the project team and is responsible for delivering a project within defined budget requirements.
- Maintains accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate.
- Understands contract and recognizes additional services needed.
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects.
- Supports Principal by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules.
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- Architectural Registration preferred, but not required
- 8-10+ years of experience
- Lab and life Science experience a plus
- Knowledge of architectural building systems, accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research and incorporate into implementation documents
- Knowledge of architectural detailing exterior renovations, core & shell and interiors.
- Excellent working knowledge of preparation of construction drawings
- Ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate construction documents in multiple phases
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to generate space plans with minimal direction
- Ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Submit examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination.
If you would like to be a part of our future, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.