Job Captain – Architecture
Studio G Architects, a growing design oriented interior and architectural design firm located near downtown San Jose is seeking a Job Captain to join our growing practice.
Our projects include extensive exterior repositioning and market-ready creative interior improvements, civic and commercial shell buildings, corporate interiors, tenant improvements, life science, biomedical and R&D labs and residential projects.
The ideal candidate shall be focused, highly-motivated and well-rounded individual to join our growing practice. The ideal candidate shall be motivated and well-organized, with good design and communication skills. This candidate shall have a passion and desire to grow professionally. We are seeking a team player who will be involved in all aspects of projects from design through construction, and is comfortable working in a deadline-sensitive detail-driven environment.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and staff in developing project documentation, & client presentations
- Responsible for preparing documents for permitting and construction
- Support construction administration with review of submittals and RFI’s, issuance of ASI’s, site visits and follow-up field observation notes
- Participate in meetings with A/E team members, owners, vendors, general contractors and/or sub-contractors
- Create 2D and 3D concept studies, a plus
- Support other staff members and projects within the office as deadlines dictate
- Responsible to conduct on site field verifications and update documentation
- Research building materials and assemblies, order samples and literature, and work with product vendors to support the needs of the project
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- 4-5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of local planning and building codes
- Knowledge of ADA regulations
- Good design skills and understanding of design concepts
- Good working knowledge of preparation of construction drawing packages
- Ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate production of drawing packages in multiple phases
- Ability to prepare graphics and drawings for client presentations
- Problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to generate space plans with minimal direction, a plus
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. No H1B sponsorship available at this time
Submit examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination.
In response to COVID-19, our staff are currently primarily working from home, in accordance with local county and state government orders. On occasion during shelter-in-place, project staff may still be required to visit active job sites (while following COVID regulations). New employees will be supported with virtual onboarding and training, as well as online collaborative tools. We anticipate that employees will return to our office location once restrictions are lifted and Studio G determines it is safe to do so.