Job Captain – Architecture
Studio G Architects, a growing design oriented interior and architectural design firm located near downtown San Jose is seeking a Job Captain to join our growing practice.
Our projects include extensive exterior repositioning and market-ready creative interior improvements, civic and commercial shell buildings, corporate interiors, tenant improvements, life science, biomedical and R&D labs and residential projects.
The ideal candidate shall be focused, highly-motivated and well-rounded individual to join our growing practice. The ideal candidate shall be motivated and well-organized, with good design and communication skills. This candidate shall have a passion and desire to grow professionally. We are seeking a team player who will be involved in all aspects of projects from design through construction, and is comfortable working in a deadline-sensitive detail-driven environment.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and staff in developing project documentation, & client presentations
- Responsible for preparing documents for permitting and construction
- Support construction administration with review of submittals and RFI’s, issuance of ASI’s, site visits and follow-up field observation notes
- Participate in meetings with A/E team members, owners, vendors, general contractors and/or sub-contractors
- Create 2D and 3D concept studies, a plus
- Support other staff members and projects within the office as deadlines dictate
- Responsible to conduct on site field verifications and update documentation
- Research building materials and assemblies, order samples and literature, and work with product vendors to support the needs of the project
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- 4-5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of local planning and building codes
- Knowledge of ADA regulations
- Good design skills and understanding of design concepts
- Good working knowledge of preparation of construction drawing packages
- Ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate production of drawing packages in multiple phases
- Ability to prepare graphics and drawings for client presentations
- Problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to generate space plans with minimal direction, a plus
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. No H1B sponsorship available at this time
Submit examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination.